Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Metro Portrait No.1 - Velma

MetroPortrait  No.1 -Velma
Watercolor 12x16
 I don't really know her name but she reminds me of Velma from Scooby Doo for some reason. 

Tried out my new watercolor brush that I bought today.  A 3/4 flat and I also got a rigger but didn't use it for this painting.  I tried to use more bigger strokes and work my way down to a smaller round brush only when I needed to.  


Below is the image with a threshold adjustment layer added in Photoshop.  It reduces the image down to just black and white.  It's very good to see how readable your image is in just two values.  I found the results interesting (and readable) so I decided to throw it up here.  



Here is the sketch that I drew on the bus on my way to work.  I later added watercolor when I got home.  Her coat wasn't originally pink and her hair wasn't orange but I thought they looked cooler.  So there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment