Monday, January 24, 2011

Lil Riders - Rachel And Dusty

Watercolor


So here is the second pair in my Lil Riders series.  Rachel and Dusty.  I approached this thinking I was going to do all kinds of crazy detail but ended up making everything pretty loose. I like the way it looks and feels. I'm definitely getting more confidence in mixing the colors I want to produce.  I think in my next painting I'll try inking out stuff first and then coloring it.  We'll see how that looks.  On to the next one.

6 comments:

  1. Great painting, I kinda now want a giant chicken like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Really love the textural look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this! Is the hen wearing glasses? If so that's funny! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!! Love the fresh, looseness of it..wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for the nice comments! I really do appreciate them. And yes the Rooster is wearing goggles. To keep the dust out of his eyes and to look cool while beating the other racers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work and colors. I'm just getting into watercolors and am pretty excited about what they can do.

    ReplyDelete